New Schedule
I have started a new schedule. I am getting up at 5:30 to read scriptures. Then at 6 I go to the gym. At 7 I come home and get ready. So far, it has been very helpful in making sure I read my scriptures each day.
I have never been a good journal writer (as you can see), but I am going to try to write once a week in this journal. I don't anticipate that anyone is actually reading this. I'm not really sure what I should even write in a journal. I guess that is why this has been a difficult thing for me. I think that if I really understood why I was writing in a journal and what the purpose is, who would be reading it, and what they would want to know it would make it easier to do. But it seems to me that when we are told that we should write in a journal, it is for our future generations. And I feel that I should be sharing things of a spiritual nature.
Yesterday, Alicia and I went to the temple. It has been a while since we last went to the temple. The ward had their annual temple dinner. We love to go to that. And I think paying money ahead of time for the dinner part made it that much easier to ensure that we went. We realized that we really need to go to the temple more. The temple president and his wife came and spoke to us. She talked of how angels are in the temple. Although we most likely will never see the angels, they are there. She talked about how angels speak by the power of the holy ghost and how we can feel their presence. I felt the spirit very strongly testify to me that angels are in the temple and that those for whom we are doing work are present to see that work be done. While I was in the session I was thinking about that. I did not have some major thing happen to me, but I did feel the spirit to know that angels are there.
I hope to do much better at keeping my journal. My plan is to weekly write in my journal as I get up each morning to study the scriptures.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home